Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vancouver USA Marathon - June 19, 2011

Its coming....a Full Marathon...right here, in Vancouver, Washington. We, at Max Muscle, get to be a part of this and we are SO EXCITED!!!

Brian Davis of Energy Events asked me to be on the race committee. Max Muscle Vancouver will also be one of the sponsors and we will be very involved in many different aspects of the marathon - more details will come in the next few months, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, I attended my first marathon committee meeting. I was excited before this meeting, after the meeting, I was bursting at the seams. You could not put together a better group of people. We have Brian Davis (Energy Events - Race Director), Sean Rivers (owner of Foot Traffic), Tim Ahaus (Earth Advantage), Ryan Self (recent grad and marketing wiz), Kelly Johnson (Oregonlive.com - Run Oregon Blogger and expert on all things local & running), Evan Pilchik (Photographer), Jim West (local realtor, community supporter, pace leader for Get Fit Live Fit and all around good guy). Also on the committee are Dave Sobolik (owner Fit Right NW) and few others whom I haven't had the opportunity to meet yet.

The ideas and passion shared in that room were really energizing. Everyone is committed to making this new venture a success for the participants and the community. The thing I like most about this group is that most of them are self-employed, most have built their businesses on a reputation for excellence. The others excel in their field. My path has crossed with many of them at one time or another and to be all working together now on the same project is just amazing.

It excites me because I know the quality of the work these people do. I know that when they are involved with something - its good. I know that they are great people, with good intentions. They are hard workers who have the welfare of others in mind.

We are starting with a blank slate and have the opportunity to build something great that will endure for years to come. I am so honored to have been asked to be a part of this. Mostly because I love Vancouver. I love this town! I love the community and am happy to be a part of it. I look forward to showcasing Vancouver and letting people know that Vancouver is not just a suburb of Portland, and its not just a city in British Columbia. It is a lively, robust place right here with shopping, restaurants, services and running trails for everyone to enjoy.

I think people will find that Vancouver, Washington, USA is the Northwest's best kept secret. After June 19, 2011, this may not be the case anymore....

Stay tuned for more details, its going to be a wild ride...

See more details here:

No comments:

Post a Comment