Saturday, May 22, 2010

4 weeks down, 14 to go

This has been a roller coaster of a week. It is being classified as a recovery week, but it started with a marathon! Sunday was the Capitol City Marathon and it was GREAT! Trevor and I really felt strong. We got home Sunday night and one of our cats was sick. We spent most of the week dealing with that. Those of you who have pets will understand how emotionally draining this can be. We did our best to make it through the week. I came down with a touch of a cold too, must have been the stress. I threw some Wellness Booster and Vitamin A at it and seemed to hold it at bay for most of the week.

Here is how the week went.
Sunday: (5 hour run) 26.2 mile run - Capitol City Marathon
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 60 minute spin class
Thursday: 40 minute run
Friday: Rest. I was going to lift but felt a rest day would be more beneficial.
Saturday: 60 minute spin class. I was going to swim, but didn't have it in me, so I chose not to.

Total for the week:
Swim: 0 hours
Bike: 2 hours
Run: 5 hours and 40 minutes
Weights: 0 hour
Total: 7 hours and 40 minutes

We have been doing a little bit of emotional eating due to our stress level - not going to lie about that! Next week, the workouts will really ramp up again. We have another marathon in two weeks, so we have about a week and a half to hit it hard before we taper a bit for that.

Next week we will hit the open water and that is where the real training begins...can't wait...that means summer is just about here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment